You may or may not know that taking a single caplet of the Protandim® Nrf2 Synergizer™ supplement a day is thousands of times more effective at protecting your body from harmful free radicals than taking handfuls of direct antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E etc.; but did you know it’s essentially the equivalent amount of cellular protection you’d get by eating 7 pounds of broccoli sprouts?*
How is this possible? Both broccoli sprouts and Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer activate a protein messenger in our bodies called Nrf2. Broccoli sprouts do it because they contain a compound called sulforaphane, which, until the debut of Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer, was considered the gold standard for a natural activator of the Nrf2 Protein. This protein is so effective because it acts as an activator, instead of supplementer. It basically goes into the nucleus of our cells and tells our DNA to produce proteins and enzymes, rather than just caking on extras from the outside. They can then get to work protecting and supporting the natural repair function of our cells, mitochondria, and DNA from the inside.*
Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer does such amazing work with one little word: Synergy. Nature works together beautifully and when certain plant compounds are put together in specific ratios, any one can each enhance the beneficial effects of an other. Harvested from around the world, Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer is precise and patented. The “recipe” matters. To the milligram. The slightest variation and it doesn’t activate that Nrf2 Protein the way our patented blend does.*
Phytonutrients: What are they and why do I need them?
Phytonutrients are salutary chemicals. Plants produce phytonutrients to help themselves ward off insect invaders, and protect the plant from damaging radiation from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Researchers estimate that there are over 40,000 of these beneficial plant compounds in existence.
When we eat plants rich in phytonutrients (you can tell which ones have the most phytonutrients by their deep, vibrant colors) we experience benefits from these powerful antioxidants. Their health benefits can be seen when looking at various cultures who have primarily plant-based diets as opposed to those that don’t; as they typically have healthier populations. These phytonutrients perform many functions throughout the body including: facilitating intercellular communication, supporting natural DNA repair and rejuvenation, and activating the Nrf2 pathway.
The compounds in plants work together to provide benefits in ways scientists may not yet completely understand. So eating the whole plant may give you the benefit and protection of these phytonutrients that taking them individually may not.
Types of Phytonutrients
There are dozens of groupings and classifications of phytonutrients, each containing hundreds of variable chemical structures. Some of the more important ones are:
Each of these phytonutrients acts in a special way, either alone, or together with other phytonutrients to provide health benefits to the body.
The Protandim® Nrf2 Synergizer™ Proprietary Blend
Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer contains these ingredients:
- Turmeric: Turmeric root is the spice that gives curry its yellow color. It has been used in India for thousands of years as both a spice and medicinal herb. Turmeric contains compounds called curcuminoids, which support a healthy inflammation response and are very strong antioxidants. Turmeric modulates many molecular functions, helps support the body’s natural detoxification processes, and boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, BDNF which increases the growth of new neurons to promote cognitive health.* Turmeric can also be used in cosmetic preparations to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. It can help reduce the appearance of dark circles and discoloration from sun exposure. It helps promote healthy circulation and gut health. Finally, it’s also a wonderful source of manganese, iron, potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, vitamin C, and even fiber. (Withanolides)*
- Green tea: Green tea is about 30 percent polyphenols by weight, including large amounts of a catechin called EGCG. Catechins are natural antioxidants that help support healthy cell function among a host of other benefits. Green tea also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health. It increases the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which increases the neurotransmitter GABA, and the production of alpha waves in the brain. Brain alpha waves can stimulate creativity and positive mood and lead to more stable energy and much more productivity. If that weren’t enough, green tea is a potent “thermogenic”, helping to promote fat-burning and boosting the metabolic rate in controlled human trials. It tends to lead to reduced body fat, particularly in the abdominal area. It can help maintain healthy blood sugar levels already within a normal range, and is also another excellent source of powerful antioxidants. (Catechins)*
- Bacopa: Bacopa monnieri, a staple of traditional Ayurvedic medicine, has been called the herb of grace,It has been used by Ayurvedic medical practitioners for centuries for a variety of purposes, including improving memory, reducing everyday stress, and increasing free radical scavenging enzymes such as SOD (Superoxide Dismutase). Bacosides, the main active compounds in Bacopa monnieri, have been shown to neutralize free radicals and prevent fat molecules from oxidizing. Oxidized lipids are linked to cardiovascular health. Bacopa monnieri may help enhance brain function by increasing nerve cell dendritic length and branching, which helps with brain cell communication. It has been shown to increase the speed of processing visual information, learning rate, and memory, compared with the placebo treatment. Bacopa has also been shown to reduce ordinary stress by elevating mood and promoting a healthy cortisol response. Cortisol is a hormone that is closely linked to stress levels and it can cause release of nitric oxide which helps support blood vessel health and normal blood flow. It has been associated with improved memory function, healthy liver function, and high antioxidant activity. (Bacosides)*
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is the most important herbs in Ayurvedic medicine. It’s an adaptogen that has been used for thousands of years to reduce stress but it also provides numerous other benefits for your body and brain, such as boosting memory and overall brain function, maintaining healthy blood sugar levels already within a normal range and promoting a healthy cortisol response. It also has been shown to elevate mood. The word is actually Sanskrit for “horse sweat”. It’s a small flowering shrub that is native to India and North Africa. Ashwagandha has also been shown to help maintain male reproductive health, and it may support muscle growth and development, and aid in fat loss over placebo. It also has demonstrated the ability to support a healthy inflammation response and help maintain healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range. In one study, reaction time and task performance increased significantly. (Withanolides)*
Milk thistle: Milk Thistle is a prickly plant with purple flowers known for its antioxidant properties, which has been used for centuries to support a healthy inflammation response, and help maintain liver, gallbladder and breast health. It has also been used to promote cognitive health and performance. It has also been shown to maintain healthy bones. (Flavonoid)*
This chart shows the results of a study that measured these five ingredients, both individually and combined (Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer), and their ability to activate the Nrf2 pathway.
|Milk thistle extract||1.5|
|Bacopa Monnieri extract||1.3|
|Green tea extract||2|
|Protandim® Nrf2 Synergizer™* (US)||35 (Synergy Effect)|
The beautiful thing about the synergy of Protandim is that the same ingredients really act differently together than they do individually. This means that very small amounts of each herb are needed and this reduces the potential for unpleasant effects which may be seen with larger (and less effective) dosages.
The power of phytonutrients, when combined in a carefully crafted formula, in optimal ratios,
Even if you don’t eat a ton of antioxidant and phytonutrient-rich colorful fruits and vegetables, supplementing your diet and activating your cellular protection pathways with Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer will make a world of difference in your health. By reducing oxidative stress and signaling your body to manufacture a whole host of beneficial proteins and enzymes, you turn on, or activate your body, rather than just supplement it.
Of course eating a wide variety of nutrient-rich foods each and every day is always a good idea. A healthy diet in combination with supplementation and “activation” is an even better idea! Regardless of what, when, or how you eat – the patented, published and plauded Protandim Nrf2 Synergizer has your back. And your sides. Your front too.*
Now go kick some tail while you Flip the Switch, Feel Better, and Do More!*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
LifeVantage’s Marketing team may from time to time publish blog articles reporting information and research from third-party sources. The views and opinions expressed by these third-party sources as reported in LifeVantage blog articles are those of the authors and experts quoted therein and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of LifeVantage.